Villa 1880 – Five Bedrooms Villa in Seminyak Bali
Villa 1880 is ingenious and unusual 5 bedroom villa is a perfect cocktail of colonial elegance with state of art design and is situated in quaint surroundings of Batu Belig. Designed by famed Hydrogen Design Group, nucleus of this property is a restored plantation house from Kalimantan originally constructed in 1880 gifting property not only its name but a certain historical and artistic prestige. We can safely claim that there is no other holiday destination in Bali, quite like this one.
Entrance of villa takes you directly into lush planting of an exotic garden with a glittering salt water swimming pool. Beside this is an open plan, open to elements living area in style of an extensive, L shaped covered terrace. Here is perfect spot to laze on retro furniture, get a massage or soak up tropical vibes.
4 king size bedrooms and an 8 bedded children’s bunk room are all contained within 3 floors of stunning air-conditioned accommodation provided by voluminous colonial house which sits to rear of site. Further to these chambers is a spa area with massage tables, showers and a sunken bath; a study and an interior living room. First floor also has an extensive open terrace and BBQ area, with room for entertaining a party of 30 guests, making this house an ideal location for a fairy-tale wedding.
Ideally located in Batu Belig between cosmopolitan hub of Seminyak and laid back surfing enclave of Canggu, this villa could not be better situated to enjoy all pleasures that Bali has to offer. This stunning villa is served by a dedicated villa manager, chef, 2 housekeeping staff, a butler and night time security.
A daily complimentary breakfast is provided and further meals can be served from a refined set menu created by our talented, private chef who has trained at Sardine, one of most renowned restaurants on island. This includes a number of fine dining experiences including a Balinese Feast and an Indonesian Experience as well as other options for children.
Villa 1880 is tucked away down a quiet lane in sought-after Batu Belig on the peaceful northern edge of Seminyak. An easy 10-minute stroll away is Batu Belig Beach; walking south along the black volcanic sand brings you to uber-trendy beach bars Tropicola, W Hotel and Potato Head, while northwards is La Laguna and Finns Beach Club.
Area’s many cafés and bars are moments away, among them Watercress and Hog Wild (previously Naughty Nuri’s), along with boutiques and lifestyle stores as eclectic as the villa itself. Central Seminyak and the surfing mecca of Canggu are both a mere 10-minute drive away.
Things to do
Do feel free to ask our staff about the area around Batu Belig; the team has a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help you make any bookings, as well as give you an interesting insight into aspects of Bali life. They can also organise for you to be hauffeured in the villa’s beautifully refurbished 1970s VW combi van for a small extra cost.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the many and varied activities you could consider.
- Villa 1880 is within walking distance of Seminyak’s most glamourous beach clubs including W hotel, Tropicola, Ku Dé Ta and Potato Head – perfect for watching the sunset.
- A nice sunset alternative is to walk along the beach at Batu Belig where there are plenty of cafés offering great views and cold
- There is a wide choice of fine dining, mid-range and cheap ‘n cheerful restaurants in Seminyak too. Fine dining venues within a five-minute drive include Sarong, La Lucciola, Sardine and Métis.
- Desa Seni at Berawa Beach, is an eco-friendly village resort providing an authentic Indonesian experience through the exploration of culture, art and yoga. The resort offers a wide variety of yoga classes and also has its own.
- Visit the mystical Hotel Tugu (Bali’s first museum-hotel) studded with priceless Indonesian artworks and antiques. The hotel’s restaurants offer authentic Chinese and Indonesian fine dining, as well as an international menu, in a variety of unique At the rustic Waroeng Tugu you can taste the traditional Javanese and Balinese cuisine of bygone centuries.
- Bali attracts some of the world’s top DJ talent. Clubs like Jenja, En-Vie in Seminyak and SkyGarden in nearby Kuta will keep you entertained into the early hours.
- Fashionistas, trendies and shopaholics should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, one of the most cosmopolitan areas in Bali. Here, you can indulge for hours in stylish and chic boutiques.
- Sports enthusiasts should head to Bali’s prestigious Finns Recreation Club, with its state-of-the-art gym and tennis and squash
- Visit Tanah Lot sea temple. This is one of the most sacred temples in Bali and also one of its most popular tourist attractions. We always advise visiting early in the morning (8- 9am) when there are less people and you’ll have a much better chance to really experience the power of this
- Explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages by bicycle; a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (eatery) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- 500m to Batubelig Beach
- 600m to Metis
- 1.1 Km to La Laguna
- 1.4 Km to Desa Seni
- 4 Km to Finns Recreation Club
- 4 Km to Seminyak Square
- 9 Km to Canggu Beach
- 12 Km to Kuta Beach
- 24 Km to Ngurah Rai Airport
- 30 Km to Ubud
Service and Facilities
- Capacity Occupancy 8 adults and 8 children (5 bedrooms & 5 ensuite bathroom: 4 with super-king beds; 1 children’s room with 8 bunk beds). Two extra beds may be set up on guest request at an additional charge.
- Open-sided fan-cooled living and dining area with dining table for 10 and guest kitchen/bar; main kitchen; poolside sitting area with hammock and table tennis; air-conditioned media room; office; Bale; large roof terrace with barbecue.
- 19 x 4m saltwater pool with shaded shallow section for kids.
- Villa manager; private chef; butlers; housekeeper; security guards; gardener. Additional staff (babysitters, masseuses) on request at extra charge.
- Suggestion menu of Balinese, Indonesian and international dishes, including a kids menu, healthy options, and barbecues. Requests accommodated (including special diets). Grocery cost is charged 20% handling fee which is subject to service and tax at the prevailing rate. Optional cooking classes. Chef rate at USD 55 ++ per day.
- WiFi connection via high speed fibre optic internet; room-to- room phone system; phone for local calls.
- 60-inch TV with satellite channels, sound bar and DVD player in media room; 42-inch TV with satellite channels in 4 bedrooms, DVD players; DVD and book library; board games; table tennis. Portable speakers in bedrooms, media room and living pavilion. Plug in for phone plus blu-tooth system.
- Villa 1880 is fabulous for families. Facilities for little ones include: a bassinette; 2 baby cots; high chair; baby bath; children’s books, toys and pool inflatables.
- Fully Equipped Kitchen.
- Gas barbecue grill; diesel powered back-up generator; wine fridge; water filtration system; safety deposit boxes.
- Villa 1880 refurbished 1970 VW van can be hired at a daily rate of US$35++ for 8 hours (excluding petrol). A 7-passenger car can also be hired.
- In-villa treatments selected from a comprehensive spa menu can be carried out by internationally trained therapists (extra cost applies) at the villa’s private spa room.
- Welcome Drink and Cold Towel Upon Arrival
- Welcome Fruit Basket Upon Arrival
- Complimentary Tea and Coffee
- WI-FI Internet Connection
- Daily Breakfast
- Daily Butler
- Night Security
- Turn Down Service
- Exclusive Use of Whole Villa and Listed Facilities.
Rates in USD
|Bedroom||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
*Rates are subject to 15.5% service charge, taxes, etc. Please note above rates are valid until 05 Jan 2025. Please email us if you would like to make a booking after this date. Minimum 3 nights stay for low & shoulder season, 4 nights stay for high season includ. Chinese New Year & Easter, and 5 nights stay for peak season.
|Season||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|2023||17 Apr – 20 Apr
24 Apr – 27 Apr
02 May – 08 Jun
22 Oct – 14 Dec
|01 Apr – 06 Apr
11 Apr – 16 Apr
21 Apr – 23 Apr
28 Apr – 01 May
09 Jun – 22 Jun
27 Aug – 21 Oct
|07 Apr – 10 Apr
23 Jun – 26 Aug
15 Dec – 25 Dec
|25 Dec – 05 Jan 2024|
|2024||06 Jan – 08 Feb
19 Feb – 28 Mar
28 Apr – 14 Jun
27 Oct – 13 Dec
|09 Feb – 18 Feb
14 Apr – 27 Apr
15 Jun – 08 Jun
01 Sept – 26 Oct
|29 Mar – 13 Apr
29 Jun – 31 Aug
14 Dec – 25 Dec
|25 Dec – 05 Jan 2025|
- Guests: 10
- Bedrooms: 5
- Beds: 5
- Bathrooms: 5
- Rooms: 5
- Check-in After: 2:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 12:00 PM
- Type: Near to the Beach
- Size: 2520 Sqm
Custom Period Prices
|Start date||End date||Nightly||Weekends||Additional guests|
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fan
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
- Safe Deposit Box
- Swimming Pool
- The minimum stay is 2 Night