Villa Bendega NuiCanggu
Villa Bendega Nui – Five Bedrooms Villa in Canggu Bali
Villa Bendega Nui is Preside grandly over luxuriant rice terraces of Canggu, only minutes from a fabulous surf beach and an eclectic choice of restaurants, cafés and local warungs. With five generous bedroom suites spread between a series of pavilions set in tropical gardens of almost an acre, Villa Bendega Nui is a stunning villa for holidaying families and groups of friends who will appreciate abundant indoor and outdoor spaces and many entertainment options.
Acclaimed international architect Glenn Parker was consulted on villa’s design, which is a modern take on traditional Balinese architecture and spells luxury in every detail. Indonesian hardwood floors, Indian sandstone and Italian travertine provide canvas for stunning antiques, artefacts and textiles from across archipelago, such as glass-topped canoe serving as a statement buffet table that references villa’s name (‘bendega’ means fisherman in Balinese).
Everything is sized for sociability and comfort, from huge sofas in living room and dining table that seats 20, to alfresco river-rock bathtub adjoining fifth bedroom where two can soak with room to spare. Proportions of double-height living room find a match in generously sized bedroom suites – all with supremely comfortable beds, unique colour-coordinated decor and rice-field or private garden views.
Villa Bendega Nui extensive facilities offer plenty to keep guests as busy as they wish to be. In addition to large swimming pool, there’s a games room with pool table and a library with 50-inch TV. With an exceptional chef among polished 17-strong staff (shared with Villa Bendega Rato) and an extensive suggestion menu to choose from, dining in is an enticing option despite many excellent restaurants within walking distance.
If additional space is required, two more guests can be accommodated in considerable luxury in an optional master suite, which is linked to Villa Bendega Nui via a garden gateway, and has its own private plunge pool and bale. For even larger groups, neighbouring three-bedroom Villa Bendega Rato can be added too, giving a total of nine bedrooms.
Land Size: 3900 Sqm
Bendega is Balinese for fisherman, a fitting name for this villa, which sits in a sea of rice terraces on the perimeter of the small traditional fishing village of Nelayan in Bali’s popular Canggu district. A five-minute walk down a quiet road will bring you to the stunning black- sands of Pantai Nelayan (a wonderful beach for walking and surfing but not safe for swimming), and a short stroll along the sands from here is the Tugu Hotel, an atmospheric boutique hotel-museum stacked with antiques and a ‘must visit’ during your stay. Many interesting cafés, bars and restaurants are springing up throughout this part of Canggu – several within easy walking distance of the villa.
Things to do
Bendega Villas’ manager has a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villas.
- The Legendary Beach House at Echo Beach is a ten-minute drive, or a pleasant walk along the beach from the villas. This is a great place in the evenings for watching the beautiful sunsets. The restaurant has a large eating area that spills out onto a beachside bluff offering a casual international menu, and at weekends has a daily seafood barbecue. Also at Echo Beach is Sticky Fingers, – a great place for coffee, smoothies and fresh juices.
- Other local places to eat include the grandly named Deus Ex Machina – Temple of Enthusiasm, which serves a wide range of Asian food with cold beer in a combination art gallery clothing store cum motorcycle repair shop within a five minute walk from the villa. There are also several smaller restaurants serving Asian cuisine within walking distance, including one at the Ametis villas that serves only organic produce, Betelnut, Kakilima and Crate café.
- Also within walking distance along the beach is The Tugu Hotel, a living museum of priceless antiques and rare cultural artefacts. The Tugu also offers casual and fine dining restaurants and a delightful spa. Across the road and practically beachfront is a great cafe, Old Man’s, where you can enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner, daily happy hour, often live music and a monthly Saturday market.
- Trendy Seminyak is just 20 minutes’ drive away has a wide choice of international Our favourites for world class dining include the legendary Ku De Ta, The Living Room, La Lucciola, Petitenget Café, Sarong, Sardine, Metis, Potato head, La Favela, La Plancha, Mosaic, Merah Putih, Bambu, Urchin, Barbacoa, Mexicola and MAMA San. More casual restaurants include the Bali Deli, La Sal, Cafe Moka, Made’s Warung I & II, Naughty Nuri’s, Hog Wild in Bali, Biku, Casa Loca, La Barca, and last but not least Grocer and Grind, the best coffee in Bali. There are also a number of chic cocktail bars (try the Hu’u Bar late at night) and exciting night clubs such as Townhouse. Seminyak also has many lavish spas and elegant boutiques.
- About 15 minutes’ drive from Bendega Villas is the most famous temples in Bali, Tanah Lot Sea Temple.
- Other sports available nearby include Kuda P riding stables, Aquamarine scuba diving, off-road quad biking, surfing schools and fishing.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. At 850m above sea level, the view from the Jatiluwih rice terraces, which has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2008, is one of the finest imaginable. Alternatively, head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Bold and brave bargain hunters should head for one of Denpasar’s markets within the heart of Bali’s bustling provincial capital, for an exciting and rewarding shopping.
- Borrow one of the villa’s bicycles and explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages – a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
- 2 Km to Echo Beach
- 11 Km to Seminyak
- 12 Km to Tanah Lot
- 18 Km to Kuta
- 20 Km to Ngurah Rai International Airport
- 30 Km to Ubud
Service And Facilities
- Capacity for 10 people (5 ensuite bedrooms – 3 with king beds; 2 twin/convertible to king); 3 additional beds available on request for children; separate master suite for 2 and the adjacent Bendega Rato (3-bedrooms) can be booked in conjunction with Bendega Nui.
- Open-fronted sitting room; air-conditioned dining for 20; outdoor lounge seating and dining for 10 at the pool pavilion; library/TV room; games room; reading balé.
- 11 x 11m main pool, (6 x 3m plunge pool in optional master suite).
- Staff of 17 includes a manager, chef, 24-hour butlers, gardener, pool attendant, 24-hour security. Babysitter, masseuse, driver and yoga instructor available on request. Staff shared with Bendega Rato.
- A wide variety of Western and Asian dishes; selection of wines, beers, spirits and soft drinks; children’s menu. Requests accommodated (including special diets).
- Telephones in all rooms; laptop and printer for guest use; complimentary WiFi internet access.
- Sonos digital music system; iPod docking stations in all bedrooms; 3 plasma TVs; DVD player; movies; books; games; pool table.
- Bendega Villas is well equipped for families. Cots and high chairs are available on request and there is a good supply of DVDs, books, games and pool toys.
- Chauffeured personal car on standby for up to 8 hours a day at a special daily rate of US$ 25++ (Complimentary for bookings of 5 bedrooms and above). Parking space is available within the villa compound for self-drivers.
- Special events catering for up to 100 guests (or 70 seated guests) can be arranged at Bendega Villas.
- Full back-up diesel powered electrical generator; safety deposit boxes in all bedrooms; gas barbecue; pizza oven; mountain bikes (2); massage beds (2).
- Welcome Drink Upon Arrival
- Welcome Fruit Basket Upon Arrival
- Complimentary Tea and Coffee
- WI-FI Internet Connection
- Daily Breakfast
- Daily Butler
- Turn Down Service
- Exclusive Use of Whole Villa and Listed Facilities.
- Airport Pick-up included for minimum stay 7 nights by Asia Holiday Villa
Rates in USD
|Bedroom||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
*Rates are subject to 15.5% service charge, taxes, etc. Please note above rates are valid until 31 Aug 2024. Please email us if you would like to make a booking after this date. Minimum 3 nights stay for low & shoulder season, 4 nights stay for high season includ. Chinese New Year & Easter, and 5 nights stay for peak season.
|Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|23 Oct – 14 Dec 2022
06 Jan – 19 Jan 2023
17 Apr – 27 Apr 2023
02 May – 08 Jun 2023
22 Oct – 14 Dec 2023
06 Jan – 08 Feb 2024
19 Feb – 28 Mar 2024
14 Apr – 14 Jun 2024
|10 Jun – 23 Jun 2022
28 Aug – 22 Oct 2022
20 Jan – 29 Jan 2023
01 Apr – 06 Apr 2023
11 Apr – 16 Apr 2023
28 Apr – 01 May 2023
09 Jun – 22 Jun 2023
27 Aug – 21 Oct 2023
09 Feb – 18 Feb 2024
15 Jun – 28 Jun 2024
|24 Jun – 27 Aug 2022
15 Dec – 25 Dec 2022
07 Apr – 10 Apr 2023
23 Jun – 26 Aug 2023
15 Dec – 25 Dec 2023
29 Mar – 13 Apr 2024
29 Jun – 31 Aug 2024
|26 Dec 2022 – 05 Jan 2023
26 Dec 2023– 05 Jan 2024
Location : Jl. Nelayan No.27A, Canggu, Kuta, Kabupaten Badung, Bali
- Guests: 10
- Bedrooms: 5
- Beds: 5
- Bathrooms: 5
- Rooms: 5
- Type: Near to the Beach
- Size: 3900 Sqm
- Fully Staffed
- Games Room
- Swimming Pool
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Baths
- 8 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Baths
- 6 Guests