Villa Bendega RatoCanggu
Villa Bendega Rato – Three Bedrooms Villa in Canggu Bali
Five-star service and the ultimate luxurious villa accommodation awaits at the sublime Villa Bendega Rato in Bali, just 600m from the beach, close to Canggu’s exciting nightlife, yet blissfully surrounded by rice fields in a semi-rural setting. Four-bedroom Villa Bendega Rato can be rented in conjunction with the enchanting Villa Bendega Nui, to create a nine-bedroom retreat, or as a three-bedroom villa, minus its romantic one-bedroom suite with its own plunge pool. An unforgettable venue for weddings and special events, this staffed villa has a personal pool and a chef who can whip up delicious fare all day long.
Master Bedroom – Garden
Garden bedroom looking out onto pool. Centrally placed four-poster king-size bed, daybed and large walk-in wardrobe. Seating area behind the bedroom facing a private garden, with 43-inch TV, computer and an antique daybed that doubles as a bed for a small child. Air-conditioned bathroom with large walk-in rainshower and alfresco river rock bathtub set in a koi-filled pond within a walled garden.
Master Bedroom – Sea
On the upper floor of the main building, accessed by a private walkway. Centrally placed four-poster king-size bed faces a private terrace with daybed looking onto gardens and rice fields. Large ensuite bathroom in private outdoor courtyard, with walk-in rainshower and oversized tub overlooking the rice fields.
Master Bedroom – Sky
On the upper floor of the main building, accessed by a private walkway. Four-poster king-size bed looking onto a private terrace with daybed and access to roof–top sundeck and bale. Large ensuite bathroom with walk-in rainshower and oversized tub overlooking the rice fields.
Optional Separate Master Suite
Large master suite set in a private courtyard garden. Four-poster bed under a vaulted pavilion roof. Complete with iPod dock, TV with DVD player, and minibar. Private 7m x 3m plunge pool with sun-deck and poolside bale. Magnificent walled garden bathroom with walk in rainshower, twin basins and large river stone tub for two. Traditional Balinese entrances connect the suite to Villa Bendega Rato (and the five- bedroom Bendega Nui).
Villa Bendega Rato lies off a grassy lane among a scattering of other private villas and the luxuriant rice terraces that define the Balinese countryside. The sound of the waves can be heard from the villa’s immaculate, though modestly sized garden and a walk westwards along the beach (good for surfing and walking but currents make it unsuited for swimming) will bring you to a sea temple and the glorious museum-like Hotel Tugu. Down the road from the villa are some village homes and small grocery shops selling the basics, but for more sophisticated pleasures, guests can avail themselves of the villa’s car and driver and head into Seminyak.
Things to do
Villa Bendega Rato’s manager has a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villas.
- The Legendary Beach House at Echo Beach is a ten-minute drive, or a pleasant walk along the beach from the villas. This is a great place in the evenings for watching the beautiful sunsets. The restaurant has a large eating area that spills out onto a beachside bluff offering a casual international menu, and at weekends has a daily seafood barbecue. Also at Echo Beach is Sticky Fingers, – a great place for coffee, smoothies and fresh juices.
- Other local places to eat include the grandly named Deus Ex Machina – Temple of Enthusiasm, which serves a wide range of Asian food with cold beer in a combination art gallery clothing store cum motorcycle repair shop within a five minute walk from the villa. There are also several smaller restaurants serving Asian cuisine within walking distance, including one at the Ametis villas that serves only organic produce, Betelnut, Kakilima and Crate café.
- Also within walking distance along the beach is The Tugu Hotel, a living museum of priceless antiques and rare cultural artefacts. The Tugu also offers casual and fine dining restaurants and a delightful spa. Across the road and practically beachfront is a great cafe, Old Man’s, where you can enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner, daily happy hour, often live music and a monthly Saturday market.
- Trendy Seminyak is just 20 minutes’ drive away has a wide choice of international Our favourites for world class dining include the legendary Ku De Ta, The Living Room, La Lucciola, Petitenget Café, Sarong, Sardine, Metis, Potato head, La Favela, La Plancha, Mosaic, Merah Putih, Bambu, Urchin, Barbacoa, Mexicola and MAMA San. More casual restaurants include the Bali Deli, La Sal, Cafe Moka, Made’s Warung I & II, Naugty Nuri’s, Hog Wild in Bali, Biku, Casa Loca, La Barca, and last but not least Grocer and Grind, the best coffee in Bali. There are also a number of chic cocktail bars (try the Hu’u Bar late at night) and exciting night clubs such as Townhouse. Seminyak also has many lavish spas and elegant boutiques.
- About 15 minutes’ drive from Bendega Villas is the most famous temples in Bali, Tanah Lot Sea Temple.
- Other sports available nearby include Kuda P riding stables, Aquamarine scuba diving, off-road quad biking, surfing schools and The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. At 850m above sea level, the view from the Jatiluwih rice terraces, which has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2008, is one of the finest imaginable. Alternatively, head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important.
- Bold and brave bargain hunters should head for one of Denpasar’s markets within the heart of Bali’s bustling provincial capital, for an exciting and rewarding shopping.
- Borrow one of the villa’s bicycles and explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages – a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
- 2 Km to Echo Beach
- 11 Km to Seminyak
- 12 Km to Tanah Lot Temple
- 18 Km to Kuta Beach
- 19 Km to Waterbom Bali
- 20 Km to Ngurah Rai International Airport
- 30 Km to Ubud
Service And Facilities
- Capacity for 8 people (3 ensuite bedrooms with king-size beds; plus 1 individual master suite with a king-size bed). 2 extra beds available on request, at an additional charge.
- Indoor sitting room; indoor dining for 12, outdoor dining for 10 at the pool pavilion; library/TV room; rooftop sundeck and balé.
- Main pool- 18m x 7m. 1m-2m depth; Plunge pool in optional one- bedroom master suite – 7m x 3m x 2m.
- Staff includes a manager, chef, 24-hour butlers, gardener, pool attendant, 24-hour security. Babysitter, masseuse, driver and yoga instructor available on request. Staff shared with Bendega Nui.
- A wide variety of western and Asian dishes; selection of wines, beers, spirits and soft drinks; children’s menu. Requests accommodated (including special diets). Grocery charged at cost plus a 20% handling fee, subject to service charge and taxes at the prevailing rate.
- Telephones in all rooms; laptop and printer for guest use; complimentary WiFi internet access.
- Sonos digital music system; iPod docks in all bedrooms; 2 plasma TVs, Blu-ray DVD player; books; games.
- Bendega Villas is well-equipped for families. Amenities include DVDs, books, a high chair, booster seat, baby cot, play mats, play pens, bicycle helmets, toys, board games and pool toys. Additional equipment can be rented for a nominal charge.
- Professional therapists can be arranged via the villa manager for in-villa spa treatments (extra cost applies).
- Chauffeured personal car on standby for up to 8 hours a day at a special daily rate of US$ 25++ (Complimentary for bookings of 5 bedrooms and above). Parking space is available within the villa compound for self-drivers.
- Full back-up diesel powered electrical generator; safety deposit boxes in all bedrooms; gas barbecue; pizza oven; mountain bikes (2); massage beds x 2.
- Welcome Drink Upon Arrival
- Welcome Fruit Basket Upon Arrival
- Complimentary Tea and Coffee
- WI-FI Internet Connection
- Daily Butler
- Turn Down Service
- Exclusive Use of Whole Villa and Listed Facilities.
- Airport Pick-up included for minimum stay 7 nights by Asia Holiday Villa
Rates in USD
|Bedroom||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
*Rates are subject to 15.5% service charge, taxes, etc. Please note above rates are valid until 31 Aug 2024. Please email us if you would like to make a booking after this date. Minimum 3 nights stay for low & shoulder season, 4 nights stay for high season includ. Chinese New Year & Easter, and 5 nights stay for peak season.
|Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|23 Oct – 14 Dec 2022
06 Jan – 19 Jan 2023
17 Apr – 27 Apr 2023
02 May – 08 Jun 2023
22 Oct – 14 Dec 2023
06 Jan – 08 Feb 2024
19 Feb – 28 Mar 2024
14 Apr – 14 Jun 2024
|10 Jun – 23 Jun 2022
28 Aug – 22 Oct 2022
20 Jan – 29 Jan 2023
01 Apr – 06 Apr 2023
11 Apr – 16 Apr 2023
28 Apr – 01 May 2023
09 Jun – 22 Jun 2023
27 Aug – 21 Oct 2023
09 Feb – 18 Feb 2024
15 Jun – 28 Jun 2024
|24 Jun – 27 Aug 2022
15 Dec – 25 Dec 2022
07 Apr – 10 Apr 2023
23 Jun – 26 Aug 2023
15 Dec – 25 Dec 2023
29 Mar – 13 Apr 2024
29 Jun – 31 Aug 2024
|26 Dec 2022 – 05 Jan 2023
26 Dec 2023– 05 Jan 2024
Location : Jl. Nelayan No.27A, Canggu, Kuta, Kabupaten Badung, Bali
- Guests: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- Beds: 4
- Bathrooms: 4
- Rooms: 4
- Type: Near to the Beach
- Size: 966 Sqm
- DVD Player
- Fully Staffed
- Safe Deposit Box
- Swimming Pool
- 7 Bedrooms
- 7 Baths
- 14 Guests