Villa Hamsa – Four Bedrooms Ocean View Villa in Uluwatu Bali
Poised on a cliff-top commanding stupendous views of the ocean sparkling below, the four-bedroom fully staffed Villa Hamsa forms part of Sohamsa Ocean Estate, together with the five-bedrooms Villa Soham. The villas are set in an enclave of exclusive villas on the southernmost part of the Bukit peninsula – a still unspoilt slice of Bali that feels far from the bustle of better-known tourism hotspots – yet are only half an hour from the airport and close to some of the island’s best known attractions – the iconic Uluwatu sea temple, for example, the seafood restaurants of Jimbaran Bay, and world-famous surf breaks that lie just off enchanting sandy coves.
Within the beautifully designed villa – which skilfully combines contemporary architecture with natural materials from the Indonesian archipelago – are both formal air-conditioned and casual alfresco living and dining spaces, generously sized air-conditioned bedrooms and bathrooms, a large infinity pool, and a well-equipped gym and massage room. After a hearty breakfast served on the dining terrace, spend your morning pushing weights in the gym and cooling off with a few laps in the pool. After a leisurely lunch you’ll deserve a sea-breeze siesta followed by a massage. Take your chauffeured car to Pandawa Beach for an afternoon swim or a kayak, then retire to the master suite and sink into the deep bath tub before dressing for sunset cocktails on the deck to the sound of surf. Then take your seat at the enormous marble-topped dining table and enjoy a gourmet candlelit dinner prepared by the highly accomplished chef – part of a ten-strong staff dedicated to making your time at the villa really special.
While Villa Hamsa can host up to 10 guests, it is perfect for multiple families or groups of friends – as many as 22 – when combined with Villa Soham. Conveniently for singles and those travelling with kids, the guest bedrooms can be set up as twins.
Bedrooms at Villa Hamsa
All four spacious bedrooms at Villa Hamsa feature custom-designed furniture, a soothing grey and ivory colour scheme, extensive wardrobe space and a choice of air-conditioning or overhead fan. The bathrooms continue the contemporary theme with walls of Javanese marble and smoked glass, and cream acid-washed marble floors; all feature rain showers and bathtubs.
The master bedroom suite lies between the pool and the cliff edge perched atop the guest suites block. Under the soaring Merbauwood ceiling sits a massive emperor-size four-poster bed facing the treetops of the adjoining sister Villa Soham. A sofa in the corner makes a cosy reading corner or can be converted to a kid’s bed. A Sonos sound system and 32-inch LED TV on a movable platform provides alternative entertainment to the 180-degree ocean vista beyond the suite’s enormous ironwood deck. Equally palatial is the bathroom with twin basins on a marble countertop, ceramic bathtub, WC enclosure, wall of well-designed wardrobes and both indoor and outdoor rain showers looking over the ocean.
Occupying the level below the master suite and swimming pool are three spacious guest suites – each with twins convertible to king-size beds, lacquer cabinet concealing a TV and DVD player, marble-topped table and deeply cushioned banquette. One guest bedroom has prime position overlooking the ocean, with a private ironwood deck looking down onto a courtyard garden accessed from the gym, and a wall of glass bringing the stunning view into the bathroom too. The other mirror-image bedrooms look onto a lotus pond within a walled courtyard; in each, a statement bathtub sits on a private ironwood deck accessed by sliding doors from the bathroom.
Living Spaces at Villa Hamsa
The large, light-filled living pavilion features a vaulted roof, signature screen walls of Bengkirai-wood blocks, and a wall of glass sliding doors opening onto the terrace and looking across the pool towards the master pavilion and the ocean beyond. Two large, deeply upholstered cream sofas and a pair of retro rattan chairs rest on a striking jute carpet from the Philippines, with a black marble coffee table in between. To one side is a matt-black cabinet concealing a 42-inch TV and Sonos sound system. On the other side of the room a massive 2.2-metre marble-topped table with ‘lazy susan’ turntable and ten armchairs sits under a stunning pendant light created from a circle of resin candles. Two levels down is the well-equipped gym where guests may make use of the treadmill, cycle, cross-trainer, and weights bench while gazing at the expanse of ocean beyond the private garden. There’s also a spa room with two massage beds and a shower.
On the covered pergola terrace is an alfresco dining area, with teakwood table for eight to 10 guests. Sun loungers sit on the longer edge of the pool terrace next to a bench crafted from rough-hewn ironwood. Accessed via the master bedroom but too magnificent to keep only for its occupants is an enormous ironwood deck with near-180-degree views of the ocean below. Benches along the balustrades on three sides provide the perfect vantage point for enjoying the best views in the villa.
Service and Facilities
- 8 guests in 4 bedrooms (all with king-size beds, 3 of which can be converted to twins), two additional guests accommodated on extra beds (charges apply).
- Living pavilion, alfresco dining terrace, equipped kitchen, gym and massage room.
- 14-metre private pool with sun deck.
- Both villas share a team of ten staff, including: a villa manager; villa attendants; chef; gardener; engineer; security. Additional staff (eg babysitters, massage and beauty therapists) are available at additional charge.
- A suggestion menu of Balinese, Indonesian, Asian, Western, vegetarian and kids’ dishes; barbecue menu; off-menu requests accommodated (including special diets).
- WiFi internet access; PABX room-to-room phone system; laptop on request.
- 48-inch flat-screen TV with cable channels and DVD player in living room; 42-inch TV and DVD in the bedrooms; Sonos sound systems; DVD library.
- Villa Hamsa is well equipped for families with young children. Facilities include high chair; cot; pool toys; Playstation. Other equipment can be hired on request (extra charges apply).
- Gym with treadmill, cycle, cross-trainer, weights bench; in villa treatments selected from a comprehensive spa menu carried out by professional beauty therapists in the massage room (extra cost applies); private garden.
- In-room safes; barbecue; back-up generator.
- Included in the rental is a chauffeured 7-passenger car, provided for guests’ convenience for up to 8 hours a day. Overtime and petrol extra.
- Wi-Fi internet connection
- 1 car and driver at special rate of US$ 35++ for 8 hours a day (excludes petrol)
- Welcome drink and fruit basket
- Turn down setup service
- Personal service by the villa staff including full time manager, house keeper, chef and security
- Exclusive use whole villa and listed facilities
- Airport transfer included minimum stay 7 nights by Asia Holiday Villa
Rates in USD
|Bedrooms||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
*Rates are subject to 15.5% service charge, taxes, etc. Please note above rates are valid until 31 Aug 2024. Please email us if you would like to make a booking after this date. Minimum 3 nights stay for low & shoulder season, 4 nights stay for high season includ. Chinese New Year & Easter, and 5 nights stay for peak season.
|Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|23 Oct – 14 Dec 2022
06 Jan – 19 Jan 2023
17 Apr – 27 Apr 2023
02 May – 08 Jun 2023
22 Oct – 14 Dec 2023
06 Jan – 08 Feb 2024
19 Feb – 28 Mar 2024
14 Apr – 14 Jun 2024
|10 Jun – 23 Jun 2022
28 Aug – 22 Oct 2022
20 Jan – 29 Jan 2023
01 Apr – 06 Apr 2023
11 Apr – 16 Apr 2023
28 Apr – 01 May 2023
09 Jun – 22 Jun 2023
27 Aug – 21 Oct 2023
09 Feb – 18 Feb 2024
15 Jun – 28 Jun 2024
|24 Jun – 27 Aug 2022
15 Dec – 25 Dec 2022
07 Apr – 10 Apr 2023
23 Jun – 26 Aug 2023
15 Dec – 25 Dec 2023
29 Mar – 13 Apr 2024
29 Jun – 31 Aug 2024
|26 Dec 2022 – 05 Jan 2023
26 Dec 2023– 05 Jan 2024
Location : Jl. Karang Tinggi, Kutuh, Kec. Kuta Sel., Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361
- Guests: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- Beds: 4
- Bathrooms: 4
- Rooms: 4
- Type: Ocean View
- Size: 1064 Sqm
- Air Conditioning
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
- Fully Staffed
- Massage Bed
- Safe Deposit Box
- Sea View
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis Court
- Views to ocean